Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Sharleen AustraliaParticipant🙂 So true – I related to the fact that we sometimes use the Bible as a textbook. I am slack with prayer. Thanks for the kick!
Sometimes when I do pray for people specifically and I use the Bible verses as a template (ie Pauls prayers but putting in peoples names..) I think – wow that it a neat prayer – I want some of that too and have to include so many others in the prayer including myself!
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantI love this study series. It is so spiritually powerful and exciting thinking about the armour we have been given and how important it is to put it on. Someone I am talking with recently has little faith and is struggling. I suggested she pray for it and get more into the word of God but now I see I should have suggested she also take it up daily as a shield – otherwise, she may become shipwrecked! What an awful thought. Interesting that a good conscience is put in this statement too. Some people like the ‘saved by grace alone’ doctrine because it gives them ‘freedoms’ their ‘conscience’ might be telling talking to them against. If they go against their conscience and loss faith in God’s word it would be a spiritual battle and a subtle one.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantWow, that is a good thought. That sometimes it may be the work He is doing in us. I do see my work as a form of ministry – both to the residents and workers. I will answer when I can but some answers need time to elaborate on and they all know now that Adam and Eve had other sons and daughters.
I just love this site – it is my fellowship life-line. I laugh at the thought that it is just you and Emmie in your church – all of us in SWORDS are part of the Montana ‘church’. The increase is the encouragement we get being able to ‘speak’ with fellow grace believers in ways we never could before. So be encouraged my sister in Christ.
-
This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by
Sharleen Australia.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantThanks, Mari – after the lunch break I spoke about in the ‘Chat’ section this was like an injection of encouragement. Mind you all through the anti-God discussion I was aware I had the armour of God on. I am befriending one of the main critics and hope to have opportunities to talk with her. It is difficult if people don’t think for themselves and even if you give them a clear answer to their criticism they will jump on another and it’s too difficult to explain in a ‘sound-bite’. For example, at that lunch break, they were all asking how did people come for Adam and Eve having ONLY 2 sons and one killed the other…. I explained that the bible speaks about 3 sons and that also says they had another sons and daughters. Straight from this ‘major sticking point’ being answers was – well that’s incest and the bible tells us we can’t do that… Everyone joins in… So hard to break in and explain genetics and perfection in that atmosphere of ridicule and time restrictions. Also when so many other things are being laughed at. Hence, in the end, I remained quiet – knowing there is a time and place.
Love this study – will read it again
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantLove it, Mari – love the armour of God. After reading this the other day I put it on mentally as I had a challenge ahead of me and I sailed through the challenge which had a better than expected outcome.
December 12, 2017 at 4:14 pm in reply to: SWORDS Bible Study: What Are Our Spiritual Blessings Part 1? #42019
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantAMEN I love all the spiritual blessing – better than physical ones ultimately. I love how BY GRACE ALONE we are saved – and that we no longer have to go through the Jews. That we have eternal life simply by having faith in what Jesus Christ did for us. What a spiritual blessing – eternal life – new creature, part of the body of Christ, co-heir with Christ, The holy spirit in us as a comfort and guide. Access to enlightenment through the reading of the bible…. What an incredibly loving, gracious, merciful heavenly father we have.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantHi Angela
I don’t think we have chatted before. Welcome to the conversation.
Basically, we don’t look for signs and will not know when the rapture will happen.
As we are living in the period of mystery we will not see the signs but I understand many people like looking for them as it is exciting but only God knows.April 4, 2017 at 8:51 pm in reply to: Re-cap of Part 1 & Part 2 of: No Doctrine Like The Grace Doctrine (before going #39292
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantThanks, Mari. My husband and I are continuing to try to work out what to say to people when they ask us what we believe. Knowing what we believe and going through them one by one like you have is so important and very helpful. I am going to see if I can start helping non-dispensational Christians by starting with something about what we have in common before these steps. IE saved by grace alone. Most people would believe this statement in theory. So when you later say and NOTHING else they can only agree. When they add the importance of works/baptism/obedience doctrine we can ask why? So instead of looking like we are saying something different, we aren’t, we are sticking with the initial statement that we agreed on and they are the ones deviating from it.
Looking forward to the next recap.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipant🙂 We are reading through Acts again as a family after dinner. A couple of nights ago we read about the day of Pentecost and it seemed to hit us all as a family ‘wow they didn’t ask them to repent for their general sins (listing past sinful things that they can remember) but the sin of killing Jesus’ and that our salvation message was clearly missing. We spoke about how Peter was really accusing the Jews of killing the Messiah at Pentecost not giving a ‘starting a loving new church’ message. We have gone through Acts a few times over the years but aways go back to it as it holds to key to understanding the bible rightly divided. It is a joy to see more and more in it each time we read it as a family. It was great to read the study Mari.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantSo excited for you. Wish I was able to join you.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantI had just listened to this on Saturday. 🙂 . As usual, I learnt from Justin’s teaching. I often worry that it can go in one ear and out the other until I hear something contrary to the truth later on. Went to a local Baptist church on the weekend as they had a guest speaker from Creation Ministries. He was saying how the gospel is to ‘fear God as the time of judgement is here’ – found in Revelations. Then I remembered Justin’s sermon from years ago on the 4 gospels in the ‘NT’ and how this is the everlasting gospel and not the gospel of grace. Just so frustrating seeing believers get so confused as they don’t rightly divide – yet in this current sermon Justin speaks how we are not to lose HOPE from such things. How many times do we start to lose hope that no one will listen or understand right division? Yet as Justin said – we did! I may email the man from Creation ministries and maybe send a link to Justin’s sermon on the 4 gospels. As it is so important to understand the basics – such as what is the gospel. And have hope that he will read the email and believe.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantThis is so good. Should have a ‘like’ button on these messages. I need to go to the his website and print this one out.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantGreat testimony Jessica. I just wonder what his family and Christian friends think of his new found knowledge?
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantJo – Justin has just given a sermon on the topic. Â It is worth listening to if you get the chance. Â Basically what he wrote here with more scripture.
Sharleen AustraliaParticipantHaving said that I also hear his last argument and understand where he is coming from.
-
This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts