Sharleen Australia

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: God Manifest in the Flesh is Not You #4919
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    Ok I have heard a completely different take on these verses.  We have discussed the mystery of godliness on a topic site here as GR brought it up once.  Great is the mystery could be God in us?  So frustrating when the preachers don’t agree and use the same scripture to bring out their point.  They need a Grace ministers gathering and sort out these issues as I don’t know what to believe :).  Not that I am relying on men as such but they have so much more knowledge and I struggle to discern from one message to the next.  Though I am tending to lean more to the ‘God in us’ being the mystery, than Justin on this one.  And that is a big call for me as I trust his teaching.

    in reply to: Having Church Communion #4819
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    GR – Hello my friend.  I was just reading those verses on the weekend – in church – when the sermon was letting me down and we were going to have communion and I was thinking the same thoughts as you.  What is this about eating unworthy, and damnation and referring the the Lords supper?  I don’t know who Don Webb is but it would be worth looking into his book.  About to get a credit card with US dollars on it to take overseas (Vietnam)so can use that to buy some grace resources, as currently all sites only receive US dollars.  Be so good to get some books including a hard copy of things that differ.

    in reply to: Having Church Communion #4695
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    Thanks Trace and Linda

    Trace that is exactly what I was talking about.  It would be good to read the email if you get the chance/time to put it up.  Thanks

    Linda – but just how is this done?  And is it the Lord’s supper or communion.  I think they could be two different things.

    in reply to: Having Church Communion #4679
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    So how do they celebrate communion?  Do they have a meal together?  Or is it literally just meeting together?  I went to a church today and walked out before communion as just feel it is too religious and feel uncomfortable taking it and uncomfortable not taking it.  Listened to a few of Justin sermon’s on it.  Need to listen to them again, but I thought they met for a meal.  That would make sense.   What does everyone else do in their churches?

    in reply to: These Three are One #3721
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    We were having a family bible study last night and discussing this very verse.  We were telling the kids that this verse is only found in the KJV (and NKJV?).  The discussion was on why we read the KJV and no longer the NIV.  This verse was one of the reasons we were convinced that the NIV as a corrupt version so we stopped reading it.  To think that the most important trinity verse has been taken out of all the other bibles.

    in reply to: Our Sister Judy…in MT #2853
    Sharleen Australia
    Participant

    THANK YOU MARI

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)