Why ought you follow the pattern the Lord provided through the apostle Paul?
- The Lord Jesus Christ sent Paul (Acts 9:15).
- God commanded it (1 Tim 1:1; 1 Tim 1:16).
- God made him your apostle (Rom 11:13).
- God gave him the gospel of the uncircumcision (Gal 2:7-8).
- If you are saved, it is by his gospel of Christ (Rom 16:25; 1 Cor 15:1-4).
- Peter gave Paul exclusive rights of ministry to the uncircumcised (Gal 2:9).
- Peter deferred to Paul in matters of what the Lord was doing now (2 Pet 3:15).
- Paul instructs it (1 Cor 11:1; Phil 3:17).
A failure to follow Paul’s pattern…
… diminishes the preaching of the cross for salvation.
… exchanges the power of resurrection for will power.
… robs your spiritual riches in Christ Jesus.
… perpetuates ignorance of God’s will for today.
… weakens the body of Christ by putting the church under the law, identified with Israel, in conditional standing with God.
No wonder Paul spent so much time in his epistles declaring his special apostleship.
“Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.”
– 1 Corinthians 4:16
For His glory,
Justin “I follow Paul” Johnson